Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani is one of India’s most prestigious higher education University. It is a deemed university with its first campus in Pilani, Rajasthan, India. BITSAT is the exam conducted by the BITS Pilani University to provide admission to the eligible candidates to the BITS campuses for various courses in engineering. It is the first Indian institution to set up a campus outside India. BITSAT 2014 is a computer based online entrance test. It is conducted for admission to integrated first year degree programmes of BITS Pilani at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2013-14. This exam based on NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
BITSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates who want to take admission into Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS , they must have passed 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country.
- The eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2014 require the candidate to have secured a minimum aggregate of 75% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken individually.
- Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2014 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2013 only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2014 test. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2012 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2014.
- The candidates who are already studying in any of the campuses of BITS Pilani are not eligible for BITSAT 2014.
- The Board Toppers from all the Boards listed in the BITSAT 2013 brochure will gain direct admission in BITS Pilani campuses. For more info regarding direct admission will be available on the BITS official website.
BITSAT 2014 Exam Pattern :
BITS 2014 will be a Computer Based Online test which will be of total 3 hours duration (without break). The exam consists of four parts :
- Part-I : Physics – 40 Questions
- Part-II : Chemistry – 40 Questions
- Part-III :
- (English Proficiency) – 15 Questions
- (Logical Reasoning) – 10 Questions
- Part-IV : Mathematics – 45 Questions
So the total number of question is 150.
BITSAT 2014 Marking System :
- BITSAT 2014 test will have multiple choice objectives type questions. There are negative marks (-1) for wrong answer and No marks for unattemped questions. The correct answer will get 3 marks in each question. If the candidate tick more than one answer for a question in this case computer will not allow to do this.
- All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
BITSAT 2014 Syllabus :
Application Process BITSAT 2014 :
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2014 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
1. The candidates can apply online by filing up the form obtained from www.bitsadmission.com. The filled application along with the DD of the application fee must reach the university office before the last date.
2. If you make payment by Demand draft then a copy of the completed application form alongwith the prescribed fees of Rs. 1850/- (Rs. 1350/- for female candidates) should be sent to Admissions Officer, BITS, Pilani – 333 031.
3. If you are using a payment mode other than DD then the prescribed fee for BITSAT 2014 is Rs. 1750/-(Rs. 1250/- for female candidates).
BITSAT 2014 Important Dates :
Will be updated soon.
BITSAT 2014 Admit Card :
Will be updated soon.
Contact Info :
The Admissions Officer,
Pilani – 333 031
Official Website :
The official website is BITSAT 2014 Official
Incoming search terms:
- bitsat 2014
- bitsat 2014 eligibility criteria
- bitsat 2014 marking scheme
- bitsat 2014 news
- bitsat 2014 require aggrigate %